Gosh I can’t believe we are almost half way into August! At the beginning of the month I stopped by Whipstitch to pick up some manly fabric to make a gift for Hubby’s birthday, I had to get some things for myself too! I bought the Megan Nielsen Banksia top pattern as well as the Colette Patterns Clover. I haven’t found the right fabric for Clover yet but I had 2 fabrics in my stash that were begging to be used for this pattern.
For my first Banksia I used a batik that my father brought back from Indonesia for me. I cut a size S made no alterations and used french seams on the entire garment. I followed the method 1 instructions for the button placket. I love this top! It is so comfortable and perfect for the weather we have had lately.
Some things I paid extra close attention to on this garment were the placement of the print, I wanted to avoid having the cross designs hit me right at the bust apex, I also wanted the top to look balanced, so I placed the center front and center back right in the middle of the print. I also learned a new way to insert a button placket and I love it, it was super easy, I’ve only done a placket like this one other time and I really didn’t understand how it went together but now I get it!
This top was so quick and easy that I was making a 2nd one within an hour of finishing the first one!
See my 2nd Banksia tomorrow.